Through the efforts and influence of a number of prominent citizens The Millbury Bank was established. The Massachusetts Legislature approved the act in June of 1825. Asa Waters II was chosen as the first president and a banking room was established in the Farnsworth Block, located on Elm Street in Millbury.
The Millbury Bank changed to the Millbury National Bank in November of 1864. The sound judgment and business savvy of the officers and directors soon put Millbury National Bank among the foremost banking institutions in the state.
The bank was moved to the Millbury Savings Bank Building across the street from the Farnsworth building occupying one side of the bank room.
The Statement of Condition showed that the bank continued to be a sound financial institution, which stood among the best in the state.
Millbury National Bank moved to its new quarters at 18 Main Street. Two additions have been made since then to handle the expanding operation.
The bank opened a branch at 215 Worcester Street in North Grafton in December of 1995.
The bank relocated the North Grafton branch to South Grafton in November 2010 to better serve the Blackstone Valley Communities.
Millbury National Bank continues to grow and serve the Blackstone Community. We have been helping business grow and prosper in the Valley for the last 185 years.